Residential Atlanta HVAC
Maintaining a healthy home HVAC system means your home will remain comfortable inside, regardless of the weather outdoors. When you need reliable heating and air solutions, Estes Heating & Air Conditioning is your trusted provider for complete residential HVAC services, air conditioner repair, air conditioner replacements, and furnace and air conditioner maintenance in Atlanta.
Parts of a Residential HVAC System
Your HVAC system is made up of many components, each working together to achieve and maintain indoor comfort.
- The heating system consists of either a furnace or heat pump that works during cold times of the year, heating air for distribution throughout your home.
- Your residential A/C unit or heat pump provides cooling and removes moisture when the weather outside is warm and humid.
- The blower or air handling unit is typically part of your furnace, but is utilized by your central air conditioner as well. This unit is responsible for pushing heated or cooled air through the ductwork of your home so it can reach your living areas.
- Ducts transport air from your HVAC system to the rest of your home. Air is delivered to each room through a register at the end of each duct, while a single intake vent is typically located near your HVAC system to draw air in for heating or cooling.
- An air filter is typically placed near the intake vent of your HVAC system. As air is drawn in for heating or cooling, particles such as dirt, dust, animal dander, and other pollutants are filtered out to protect your HVAC system and your health.
The Benefits of Replacing Your HVAC System
Like all other appliances, residential HVAC systems are only designed to last for a limited lifetime. Most furnaces and air conditioners will last an average of 10-15 years before requiring replacement. If your HVAC system is reaching the end of its functional lifetime, call Estes Heating & Air Conditioning at (404) 361-6560 to discuss furnace and air conditioner replacement in Atlanta.
- One of the largest benefits modern HVAC systems have to offer is improved efficiency. New HVAC technology and appliance design allow you to enjoy greater comfort than ever before at a fraction of the cost of operating your old system.
- Because newer HVAC technology is more efficient, it is also more eco-friendly as well. You can significantly reduce the impact of your lifestyle on the environment by upgrading your HVAC system to minimize your energy consumption.
- The main purpose of any HVAC system is to maintain indoor comfort. If your current system is inefficient or failing, replacing it with a new HVAC system will drastically improve your home’s comfort and livability.