Atlanta Plumbing Services
Your plumbing transports water through your home for numerous daily tasks. Thus, plumbing problems can bring your schedule to a crashing halt. Addressing plumbing problems requires the expertise and experience of a professional; Estes Heating & Air Conditioning is pleased to offer comprehensive plumbing services in addition to residential A/C repairs, air conditioner replacements, air conditioner maintenance, and our other Atlanta HVAC services.
Signs You Need a Professional Plumber
While some simple plumbing problems can be solved on your own, more major issues require a plumbing professional. Knowing the signs that a plumbing issue is too big for you to handle yourself will ensure you make the right call when trouble occurs.
- If you constantly experience slow or backed-up drains, it’s a sign that there is a larger underlying problem. A professional plumber will get to the root of the issue so you won’t need the plunger ever again.
- Water pressure that is too low or too high could be due to many issues. Your plumbing professional will evaluate the cause of your water pressure problems and implement the best solution for your comfort and the longevity of your plumbing.
- A rotten smell coming from your drains or your yard indicates a problem with your sewage drain or septic tank. Sewage issues should always be handled by a professional plumber for safety reasons.
- Unexplained increases in your water bill could indicate a hidden leak. If you’re concerned about changes in your water bill, contact a professional plumber to schedule a whole house plumbing inspection.
Storage vs. Tankless Water Heaters
If you’re looking to replace your home’s current water heater, you have two design options: storage or tankless. The best type of water heater for your home will depend upon your home’s hot water needs and how much you’d like to pay upfront for water heater replacement.
- Storage water heaters consist of a large tank where heated water is stored, ready for use. To keep the water hot, your water heater will periodically activate to add more heat to replace heat lost through the walls of the tank.
- Tankless water heaters create hot water on demand. The water heater begins working only when you open the hot water tap and stops using energy as soon as you turn the hot water off. Tankless water heaters can help you save money over the long term, but typically cost more upfront to purchase and install than a storage system.
If you’d like to learn more about plumbing repairs or residential air conditioning repair in Atlanta, call Estes Heating & Air Conditioning at (404) 361-6560 to discuss your needs with a plumbing or HVAC professional.